Friday, December 4, 2009

Net Generation's Norms

What implications may these norms have for education in general and for language learning in particular?

The implications of this norms for education are that after understanding this norms we can know how our students view their life. We need to see that learners are different. I feel that as I am part of the NetGen I should understand my students, however I was raised with traditional teachings and some how this is my influence in my students. After reading about the 8 norms I realized that I couldn't continue with the chain of traditional teaching and move a step forward for what students need.

There are certain Norms that seem to connect appropriately to L2 learners. The norm about Cooperation is very relevant to students. Most of the 4th and 5th graders in my class have a FaceBook account, they are interacting with the world. This is a wonderful tool to take advantage of for the main objective of our job, communicating in a foreign language.

No comments:

Post a Comment